Rad Tech Week Raffle Winners

Congratulations: A. Knapp, M. Silvius, L Kaplan, J. Sedory, S. Weiss, D. Nielsen, D. Pham, E. Nelson, N. Buckman, V. Lindley, A. Ellis, J. Lu for winning an item from our raffle!

Congratulations to PCC for winning the Student Video Contest! Thank you to all schools for entering in, each video was a delight to watch. The Techs in our state appreciate your kind words.

2023 ASRT Student to Leadership Development Program

The ASRT Student to Leadership Development Program offers multiple students a chance to get to know the ASRT and OSRT, attend educational sessions, and network with medical imaging and radiation therapy professionals.

Selected participants will attend the 2023 ASRT Educational Symposium and Annual Governance and House of Delegates Meeting in Reno, Nevada on June 22-25, 2023.


Participants Receive
● Airfare, housing, a stipend for meals and other travel expenses.
● An educational program designed just for students.
● A professional mentor assigned for the meeting.
● An insider’s look into the largest association for medical imaging and radiation therapy professionals.
● An opportunity to work closely with OSRT board members in the future.

Eligibility
● Must be a student member of the ASRT and OSRT at time of submission.
● Click here for information on how to join OSRT and the ASRT:
o OSRT Membership Information
o ASRT Membership Information


How to Apply

● Visit the ASRT website (SLDP – Application (asrt.org)) and fill out the SLDP application before November 11, 2022.
● Submit all required materials (listed below) to the OSRT by November 11, 2022.
● Submit a 500-750 word essay responding to the following prompts:

  1. Describe previous experiences where you have demonstrated leadership capabilities.
  2. How would you grow professionally from your participation in the Student to Leadership Development Program?
  3. If selected, how do you plan on giving back to the OSRT?
  4. Submit a recommendation letter from your program director, which includes a statement that you have their approval to attend the 2023 ASRT Educational Symposium and Annual Governance and House of Delegates Meeting, June 22-25, 2023 in Reno, Nevada.
  5. Submit your completed application directly to the OSRT: osrtoffice@oregonsrt.org

Applications close on November 11, 2022 and participants will be notified no later than December 1, 2022. Information and correspondence from ASRT will begin in January 2023. Up to two student OSRT members will be selected to participate.

If chosen as one of the OSRT student representatives to the ASRT Student to Leadership Development Program the recipient will be asked to do one of the following:
1) Write a brief article for the OSRT website/newsletter about their experience as a participant in the Student to Leadership Development Program; OR
2) Attend the OSRT Annual Conference in Lincoln City, OR on April 14-15, 2023 and volunteer 4 hours during that conference; OR
3) Attend two meetings, one OSRT Board meeting prior to and one Student Action Committee meeting after attending the ASRT Student to Leadership Development Program.


OSRT January Board Meeting Minutes – Draft

Saturday, January 15th, 2021

  • Call to Order 9:30am
  • Introductions / attendance – Matt McLinden, Abbie Berman, Lori Sahlin, Jennifer Clayton, Bart Pierce, Barb Smith, Sydney Kasner, Bobbi Bailey, Don McDonnell,Tom Manseau
  • Approval of Minutes – Approval of Minutes from October 2021 Board Meeting. Abbie made motion to approve Oct minutes, Jennifer seconded, motion carried.  Minutes approved as written.
  • Self-Study 2021/22 – going well, Sydney passed on info from class to her managers and they are translating mammo dept letters into Spanish for patients. Bobbi updated us all on memberships gained from this – 17 over 2 months.
  • Annual Meeting –  Abbie: do 6 hour 1 day webinar and then roll out 6 self-study CEsduring the year, but would be a lot of work to roll them all out at once and track all the quizzes and certificates.  Barb suggested reengaging with Diamond Lake for this fall, Don mentioned the fires issue.  Group to consider if we have the bandwidth or if the pandemic will allow usto meet in person at all this year.  Do we want to spend volunteer/admin person-hours to organize an event just to have it get cancelled?  Matt brought up idea of Portland Spirit and sternwheeler on the Columbia as event venue.
  • Mammography Meeting 2022 –  Mammography meeting will be held separately from the AM, can push mammo webinar to end of May or June if need-be.  Bobbi question about mammo event – who is in charge, is there going to be a meeting about it, suggested maybe Katharine and Bibiana may be willing to help.  Move mamms CE webinar to October to match up with breast cancer awareness month, and give meeting organizers more time to work on it.  Sydney would like someone to help with Student Action Committee if she’s going to work more on mamms event.  We should send out an FYI to mamms past attendees to let them know we are moving event to October.  Mammo committee tentative Sydney, Bobbi, Bibiana, Abbie, Matt – meeting soon.  Looking for speaker referrals too. 
  • Bylaws – Bart – Global changes to our bylaws, since we wanted to do changes and we also merged in the ASRT bylaws changes at same time.  Major changes of note: added legislative associate membership level under non-voting members category, also changed around to model ASRT bylaws so future updates will be easier.We changed some verbiage about our officers to match ASRT (got rid of 2 immediate past presidents).  Added emergency bylaws section after running by state of Oregon.  We have to send out new bylaws to members at least 30 days in advance of AM. Sydney has calendared to send bylaws out along with nominations email to members.  Lori provided the bylaws document to Sydney for review, it will be shared out to the group after this meeting.
  • Strategic Plan Update  Bobbi – We rolled out Rad Tech Week and cultural competency course and may shift now to mission statement update.
  • Calendar Update  – Monthly calendar to stay on top of tasks throughout the year.  No new items for this update but let’s keep it on agenda to maintain.
  • Financials/Executive Administrator Update – Group reviewed budget versus actual for this fiscal year.  We will look different financially because we aren’t doing live events.  Statement of activity – we make more money on the virtual & self-study CE since there’s almost no costs for those.  Financial position statement – checking $15679.53, savings account $81281 – account doing well.  Jen requested 5-year snapshot so we can look at revenue/spending. 
  • Committee Reports 

a. Student Action Committee – SDLP Selections – Sydney Taylor Walters from PCC, committee loves her, already drafted the skiagram.  Committee meeting coming up.

b. Legislative Committee – Jen – OBMI meeting next Fri 1/21 so maybe more to share after that; regional/national meetings surrounding the great resignation and the burnout that’s rampant currently.  Expressed the lack of covid support from management, and lack of recognition in media and national articles.

c. Website/social media/Marketing Committee – Bobbi – bar graph from WA showing increase in membership numbers, excluding student numbers, per month from Jan – Dec 2021.  We increased our membership by 63% during the year.  Website going well (Matt), Matt has done website search optimization to help OSRT show up. No report from Susan Putnam but job posting

d. Nomination Committee – Matt pres elect, Sydney as sec/treas, past pres role is empty (Lori not filling), looking for VP – looking for VP

  • Board member check-ins. None.
  • OPEN FLOOR – Jen – board should vote on proposed wage for Lindsay’s replacement ($45-50/hr).  Abbie made a motion, Don seconded, motion carried.Exec admin search committee discussion – let’s leave job post open until Friday 1/21 then do interviews next week after that.  Lindsay has said she’d be available into February to help with transition/training/answering questions.
  • Adjournment time – 10:52 am

OSRT October Board Meeting

Oregon Society of Radiologic Technologists
Board Meeting Minutes

Saturday October 16th, 2021
Zoom Meeting
9:30am

Attendance

Don McDonnelBarb SmithJennifer Clayton
Abbie BermanBobbi BaileyBart Pierce
Lindsay HarrisLori SahlinTodd Schoonover
Matt McLindenDesiree MillerSydney Kasner
  • Call to Order – 9:33am
  • Approval of Minutes – Approval of minutes from June 2021 Board Meeting
    • Motion to approve minutes Approval – Abbie Berman
    • Second motion to approve minutes – Jen Clayton
  • Approval of Minutes – August 2021 Board Meeting
    • Motioned by Sydney Kasner
    • Seconded by Abbie Berman
  • ASRT Affiliate Delegates Due by 1/31
    • Abbie Berman
    • Jen Clayton (Alternate)
    • Sydney Kasner (Tetative)
    • Don McDonnell (Alternative)
  • October Virtual Meeting Recap – Turnout was great, 69 total attendees, there was some confusion for members as the zoom process changed since the last virtual meeting. Most everyone was satisfied. We do need one more person for tech support to help Matt. Abbie will be sending gift cards to the speakers.
  • Rad Tech Week Promotional Plans – 7 items for the giveaways, a free CE study, items range from $2-300, need to put out a social media blast.
  • Annual Meeting/Mammography 2022 – Abbie will reach out to Kathy Heape regarding possible speakers for the mammography conference. We need to possibly invest in some webcam and video equipment
  • SLDP Student Action Committee Report – Desiree – Rad Therapy Program @ OHSU, Jason Eyle Alternative, consider possibly letting ASRT choose next year.
  • Bylaws – ASRT updated bylaws in June, we are waiting on the final review of OSRT bylaws from ASRT.
  • Reports –
    • President – No Report
    • Vice President – No Report
    • President Elect – No Report
    • Senior Board Chair – No Report
    • Board Chair – No Report
    • Executive Administrator – No Report
    • Financials – Need to move the membership price back to $50 in January
    • Strategic Plans Update – No Report
    • Student Action Committee – No Report
    • Legislative Committee – Presented by Jen Clayton
    • Website Committee – No Report
    • Social Media Committee – No Report
    • Calendar Update – Lori to send out updated calander
    • Virtual Meeting – Considering gift for volunteers, $250 in financial policy, keep in consistent
    • Nomination Committee – 3 People: Sydney Kasner, Jen Clayton, Don McDonnell
  • Open Floor – No Discussion
  • Adjourned @ 11:19am

OSRT August Board Meeting Minutes

Oregon Society of Radiologic Technologists
Board Meeting Minutes

Saturday August 14th, 2021
Zoom Meeting
9:30am

Attendance

Don McDonnelBarb SmithJennifer Clayton
Abbie BermanBobbi BaileyBart Pierce
Susan CastanetteLori Sahlin
Lindsay Harris
  • Call to Order – Lori Sahlin 9:31am
  • Introductions – Introductions from above attendees
  • Approval of Minutes – Approval of minutes from June 2021 Board Meeting
    • Motion to approve minutes Approval – Abbie Berman
    • Second motion to approve minutes – Jen Clayton
      • *We were unable to approve anything base on not having a quorum of board members*
  • Financial Policy & Procedure Manual – Lindsay presented, Bart had already reviewed and sent some suggestions for edits, Lindsay to edit and sent to board members.
  • ASRT Compliance Update – Everything was sent it to ASRT as of this board meeting date, they accepted the financial policy & procedure draft.
  • October Virtual Meeting 2021 – Speakers are almost finalized, registration will open the 1st of September, everything is on track and Matt and Abbie are preparing the post card.
  • Annual Meeting/Mammography 2022 – Reach out to Kathy Heape in hopes of helping with mammography speakers, Lindsay to send Susan Castanette the contract between OSRT and Mt. Bachelor. They do have the space to accommodate both meetings
  • Bylaws – Bard sent to Jason at ASRT for review.
  • Board Duty Matrix – Lindsay to update matrix and planning calendar
  • ASRT Affiliate Development Program – Final Progress report, Lori to finish and sent to Jen for review
  • On Demand CE’s – Abbie and Matt to facilitate a soft launch for this and see how it goes.
  • Reports –
    • President – No Report
    • Vice President – No Report
    • President Elect – No Report
    • Senior Board Chair – No Report
    • Board Chair – No Report
    • Executive Administrator – Taxes are completed
    • Financials – Lindsay presented the statement of activity, not many changes
    • Student Action Committee – No Report
    • Legislative Committee – Presented by Jen Clayton
    • Website Committee – No Report
    • Social Media Committee – No Report
    • Marketing & Membership Committee – Bobbi presented the marketing & membership report
  • Open Floor – Discussed ASRT delegate duties
  • Adjourned @ 10:49am

Cultural Competency Continuing Education Requirement

All medical imaging licensees and permit holders upon each renewal, must
complete a minimum of one hour of continuing education that meets the criteria for cultural competency education.

All renewals applied for on or after December 1st, 2021 will need to include 1- hour of Cultural Competency CE

This requirement must be completed and verification submitted to OBMI with all renewal applications. The cultural competency continuing education requirement is part of any other continuing education requirements imposed by the OBMI Board.
(1) The OBMI Board shall accept courses approved by the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) under ORS 413.450.
(2) The OBMI Board may accept other courses to the extent that the course addresses attitudes and skills that enhance a licensee’s or permit holder’s ability to communicate and interact effectively with individuals across various cultures, groups and communities.

OSRT June Board Meeting Minutes

Oregon Society of Radiologic Technologists
Board Meeting Minutes

Saturday June 12th, 2021
Zoom Meeting
9:30am

Attendance

Don McDonnelBarb SmithBarb Boylan
Matt McLindenBobbi BaileyJennifer Clayton
Abbie BermanLori SahlinAmy Rouse
Sydney KasnerLindsay Harris
  • Call to Order – Lori Sahlin 9:31am
  • Introductions – Introductions from above attendees
  • Approval of Minutes – Approval of minutes from May 2021 Board Meeting
    • Motion to approve minutes Approval – Don McDonnell
    • Second motion to approve minutes – Abbie Berman
  • Strategic Planning Meeting – Abbie Berman presented the OSRT Strategic plan from the meeting that was held on June 5th. It includes, Introducing a new mission, membership development, legislative development, and management, which includes updating the policies and procedures, suggesting that a board member look at the books in a more cursory manner, tightening up the roles. These goals would be ideally farmed out to the different committees. Bobbi read a letter from Bard as he was not in attendance. We need to get/understand committee chairs to determine who is doing what to facilitate the strategic plan. Discussed the chair committees and possible change in back end and website.
  • Mammography Meeting 2021 – Bibiana sent in a report for the meeting as she was not in attendance. Matt presented the report. We had a few issues with registrants understanding how to use ZOOM and the emails that were sent out for the talks. We had to field a lot of those calls but overall, it went well. We sent a survey to the registrants; overall people we satisfied with all the talks. They are interested in doing in person meetings next year, 62% said they would be interested in doing to Bend and combining the annual meeting with the mammography meeting. A lot of people are still interested in keeping the webinar as an option. Lindsay to reach out to Bibiana to see if she would be interested in combing the meetings. Lori to look at bylaws to assure that we can combine the two meetings.
  • October Virtual Meeting 2021 – We are doing 6 credits and Abbie is going to be looking for speakers. It is scheduled for October 9th, 2021. Abbie to investigate some directed talks to help techs get some of their needed topics.
  • Annual Meeting 2022 – Meeting in Bend at Mount Bachelor, possibly to be combined with the Mammography meeting for 2022. Bobbie volunteered to be the chairperson for the annual meeting 2022.
  • ASRT SLDP Applications OPEN July 1st 2021 – Post on social media the week that application open. Hoping to get a lot of applicants.
  • Reports –
    • President – No Report
    • Vice President – No Report
    • President Elect – No Report
    • Senior Board Chair – No Report
    • Board Chair – No Report
    • Executive Administrator – Lindsay to send a check for scholarship fund to OIT, Katie already reached out. Lindsay to check schedule and get back to Barb and Susan to come to the office and clean out the OSRT office boxes.
    • Financials – Lindsay presented a profit and loss by class; the virtual meetings cause us to have better margins as the cost of doing the meetings is much lower than the cost of doing in person meetings. Lindsay to investigate the history of the membership to how it has changed the last three years. No changes on the balance sheet, the statement for the portfolio account has not come out yet
    • Student Action Committee – No Report
    • Legislative Committee – No Report
    • Website Committee – We have implemented a change log for the website. Functionality of WORDPRESS is great
    • Social Media Committee – We have surpassed 1,000 likes, please continue to send her ideas and suggestions.
  • Open Floor – ASRT Leadership Academy is accepting applications. We need to figure out a different option for drop box as it is very expensive and only allows for 3 people to access at a time. Lori, Lindsay, and Matt to research another option. Abbie and Jen to be the delegate
  • Adjourned