The ASRT Student Leadership Development Program offers multiple
students a chance to get to know the ASRT and OSRT, attend
educational sessions, and network with medical imaging and radiation
Selected participants will attend the 2022ASRT Educational Symposium and Annual
Governance and House of Delegates Meeting in Orlando, Florida on June 23-26, 2022,
as well as an orientation, the evening of June 22rd.
● Airfare, housing, a stipend for meals and other travel expenses.
● An educational program designed just for students.
● A professional mentor assigned for the meeting.
● An insider’s look into the largest association for medical imaging and radiation
● An opportunity to work closely with OSRT board members in the future.
● Must be a student member of the ASRT and OSRT at time of submission.
How to Apply
● Submit all required materials directly to the OSRT by September 1, 2021.
→ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
→ Postal: Oregon Society of Radiologic Technologists P.O. Box 23511 Portland, OR 97281
● Submit a 500-750 word essay respond to the following prompts:
1) Describe previous experiences where you have demonstrated leadership capabilities.
2) How would you grow professionally from your participation in the Student Leadership Development program?
● Submit a recommendation letter from your program director, which includes a statement that you have their approval to attend the 2022 ASRT Educational Symposium and Annual Governance and House of Delegates Meeting, June 23rd-26th 2022, in Orlando Florida
Winners will be notified by OSRT by September 27. Information and correspondence
from ASRT will begin in November 2021. Up to two student OSRT members will be
selected to participate. Those selected may be required to complete a short online
application for the ASRT by September 30.
If chosen as one of the OSRT student representatives to the ASRT Student
Leadership Development Program the recipient will be asked to do one of the
→ Write a brief article for the OSRT website/newsletter about their experience as a participant in the Student Leadership Development Program.
→ Attend the OSRT Annual Conference in Bend, OR on April 8-9, 2022 and volunteer for 4 hours at the annual conference; OR attend two meetings, one OSRT Board meeting and one Student Action Committee meeting prior to attending the ASRT Student Leadership Development Program.