Starting 01/01/2021 the fee for a license to practice medical imaging will increase from $5 a month to $9 a month.
This licensing fee increase will be the first one in 10 years and it is necessary to stabilize the OBMI’s revenue stream after years of depleted annual financial reserves.
Become a member of OSRT to receive updates about OBMI happenings, or request important updates direclty from OBMI via their website.
What does the OBMI do?
- The primary purpose for the Board is to uphold its mission to promote, preserve and protect the public health, safety and welfare of Oregonians who are undergoing medical imaging studies and radiation therapy performed by agency licensees and permittees.
- The Board is dedicated to providing excellent service and support to the public, stakeholders, license and permit holders.
- The Board provides licensees and permittees with information and support. It is solely responsible for ensuring appropriate issuance of initial and renewal licenses and permits.
- The Board is instrumental to ensuring strict adherence to the Oregon Administrative Rules and Oregon Revised Statutes governing our members.
- The Staff along with the technical expertise from the Board members, provide the licensees and permittees with knowledge of the medical imaging profession and support for staying in compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- The Board maintains Category A Continuing Education offerings making Oregon one of eight states that offer approved CE required for medical imaging credentials. This enables the licensees to obtain required CE for National Credentials here in Oregon.
- The Board approves schools that allow the opportunity for the required education for obtaining a Limited X-Ray Machine Operator and Bone Densitometry Permit. The CE requirements for Permit holders is also approved by the Board.
- The Board approves and submits applications made by licensees and permitted for required National exams in order to practice in the field of medical imaging.
|Revenue Fee Income||$1,240,126||$1,501,741||$1,501,741||$1,501,741|
|Expenditures (Personal Services and Supplies)||$1,315,944||$1,429,122||$1,532,197||$1,642,276|